I’m a sucker for something sweet, which can be really tricky when you’re trying to cut back on gluten, dairy and refined sugar!
Luckily, these skinny cashew butter cookies are a game changer and the perfect way to get your guilt free sweet fix.
Not only is it quick and simple to make, the cookies are also protein packed so they’re a great alternative to protein bars or other shop bought protein goods that are often packed with artificial ingredients.
These cookies and gluten free, diary free and contain no refined sugar. You can also make them vegan friendly by swapping the egg white for water.
- 1/2 cup of creamy cashew butter (or peanut butter / almond butter – whatever you like best)
- 1/3 cup of almond flour
- 1/4 teaspoon of baking soda
- 3 teaspoons of honey or agave nectar (this is optional – so if you really don’t want to add anything sweet, you don’t have to. The nut butter is already pretty sweet)
- 1 egg white (or for vegans – substitute with a dash of water)
- Preheat oven to 160
- Take all of the ingredients and pop them in a mixing bowl
- Stir until you have a consistent mixture
- Place greaspoof paper on to your baking tray
- Form cookie balls with hands about 1 inch each and place on the greasproof paper
- Flatten each cookie ball with hands to about 2 inches diameter and 1/4 inch thick
- With a fork, indent the tops of cookies with the crisscross pattern
- Bake in the oven for appoximately 7-9 minutes
- Let them cool for 5-10 minutes
These are soft baked cookies so they’re supposed to be a little squidgy. If you wait for hem to go hard, you’ll probably end up burning them.
Warning – they go down far too well so bake with caution. You may end up eating the whole lot in one sitting! Though you can’t get more guilt free than this, right? It’s basically baked nuts.